Welcome to St. Petersburg, A World In One City
Our website for Whispers of Treasure Island / Bermuda Bay Beach and Racquet Club is designed to showcase our wonderful vacation rental properties. We also give you a preview and resource guide to the many wonderful and varied attractions of our vacation paradise on the Gulf of Mexico.
Our prime resorts in St. Petersburg on the pristine Florida Gulf Coast offer visitors a wonderful world of vacation possibilities in a safe and family friendly environment.
There is no doubt that the weather and the location are two prime attractions for visitors to St Petersburg. Here the sun shines every day, more than anywhere else in the world. With average daytime temperatures ranging between a Winter low of 70 degrees and a Summer high of 90 degrees it is never to hot and certainly never cold. To see where exactly we are and what the weather is doing.
Lots of Stuff To Do
There is so much to do in St. Petersburg that you could never exhaust the endless possibilities. Along with culture, shopping, dining, entertainment and sports of every kind, there are the white powder beaches that stretch for 30 miles to the north and south.
Activities include Hiking, Biking, Golf, Tennis, Fitness Centers, Gym, Miniature Golf, Amusement Parks, Fishing, Shopping, Restaurants, Bars, Live Theater, Symphony Orchestras, Rock Concerts, Cinemas, Museums, Sightseeing, Swimming, Snorkeling/Diving, Boating, Sailing, Water-skiing, Windsurfing, Parasailing,
Jet Skiing, Shelling, Fine Dining, Spas, Roller Blading.
If you like attractions consider Casino Boat Cruises, Dog Track, Horse Racing, Busch Gardens, Disney World, Epcot Center, Universal Studios, MGM, Kennedy Space Center, Fort de Soto Wildlife Preserve, Jazz and Blues Clubs.
Major League Sports Teams include the Devil Rays for Baseball, the Buccaneers for Football, the Lightning for Hockey, the Mutiny for Soccer, all types of baseball teams including the Yankees, the Orioles, the Cardinals, the Phillies, the Jay Hawks and many more enjoy the St. Petersburg area as home for their spring training camps.
The resorts of Whispers and Bermuda Bay are close in proximity to most activities, attractions and make a perfect place to call home as you explore all that the area has to offer.
- Visitor Information Centers - Clearwater Welcome Center - 727-726-1547
- Sun Coast Welcome Center - 727-573-1449
- St. Petersburg Area Convention & Visitor Bureau - 727-464-7200
- Chamber of Commerce Treasure Island - 727-367-4529
- Tampa International Airport - 800-767-8882
- St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport - 727-535-7600
- Transportation PSTA Dial-a-Ride - 727-530-9911 (County Run Transportation)
- For Trolley service up and down the beaches and to downtown St. Petersburg
- Emergency - 911 (Fire, Police or Ambulance)
- U.S. Customs - 727-536-7311
- Foreign Currency Exchange - 800-999-0689
Rides and Parks
- Bi-Plane Rides Located at 1933 Cabin Waco, Scenic Tours start at $90.00 for three persons, Arial Photos Available! Phone Number: 727- 895-6266 Tom Hurley
- Busch Gardens Rides, Animals, Entertainment and more make this the ultimate family fun park. Phone Number: 813-987-5082
- Cypress Gardens - Florida's first theme park. Music, rides and the famous mermaid water show.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom - Magic Kingdom - MGM Studios - Epcot 407-824-4321
- Sea World 407-351-3600
- Universal Studios 1-800-U ESCAPE
Sport and Recreation Beaches
For a list and description of 22 beaches in our St. Petersburg area complete with maps go to www.floridasbeach.com/bch_nat/. Remember that there is an "old time trolley" service up and down the beaches. Hop on and off all day long for one very low cost ticket price. Telephone 727-530-9911
- Knight Shooting Sports Complex - For shooting sports enthusiast this is a modern, world class facility. 12000 US Hwy. 19, Clearwater
- Malibu Grand Prix - Family Fun Center with Indy cars, miniature golf, batting cages and more. 14320 N. Nebraska Ave., Tampa
Not a cloud in the sky and more than 40 public golf courses – now that’s a combination golf lovers dream about. In St. Petersburg/Clearwater you can perfect your game on a new and challenging course every day. If you’re really serious about golf, you can meet with professional golf instructors trained to thoroughly analyze your game, from tee box to green. For a full list of area golf courses both public and private go to the best source of golf information for the area - www.floridasbeach.com/sports_rec/golf.aspx
Enjoy offshore fishing with the area’s best guides. Knowledgeable captains in well-equipped fishing boats will put you “on the fish” in half-day, all-day and even overnight charters.
- Captain Hubbard’s Marina - Madeira Beach - Telephone 727-398-1947
- Captain Kidd - St.Pete Beach - Telephone 727-360-2263
- Far Horizons - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-367-7252
- The Fun Shack - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-360-7998
- Gulf Beaches Booking Agent - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-367-2761 Ext. 2125
- Kingfish Marine - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-367-8888
- Tampa Bay Sportfishing Adventures - 558 14th St. Palm Harbor
Boating and Related Activities
- Capt. McBoats - Madeira Beach - Telephone 727-393-4855
- Captain Memo’s Original Pirate Cruise - 25 Causeway Blvd., Clearwater
- Charlies Charters - Guaranteed Dolphin Sighting
- Clearwater Boat Rentals - Clearwater Municipal Marina
- Dolphin Landings - 4737 Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach. Highly recommend www.dolphinlandings.com
- Dolphin Watch - Hubbard's Marina at Johns Pass - Telephone 727-398-6577 www.hubbardsmarina.com
- The Fun Shack - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-360-7998
- Haze "N" Ship Charters - Located at the St. Petersburg FL Pier -
Telephone 813-480-3557 - http://www.tampabaychartering.com
- Hubbard’s Marina Dolphin Watch - See dolphins at play departing from Hubbard’s Marina at Historic John’s Pass. 150 John’s Pass Boardwalk, Madeira Beach. Highly recommend
- Island Marine - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-367-2132
- Jet Ski Rentals - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-360-8669
- Kayak Nature - Kayak rentals, tours &adventures in nature! Kayak Florida, St. Petersburg, Gulfport &Florida Beaches. Your Kayak Nature Adventure begins here... today! Fort Desoto County Park - www.kayaknature.com
- Kingfish Marine - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-367-8888
- Sea Screemer - Clearwater marina
- Sea Thriller - 1/12 hour cruise circling Treasure Island and St. Pete Beach. 3400 Pasadena Ave., St. Petersburg
- Starlite Princess - 3400 Pasadena Ave., S., St. Petersburg. Highly recommend Dinner and Cruise
- Sunsports Unlimited - St. Pete Beach - Telephone 727-360-1881
- Treasure Island Divers - Treasure Island - Telephone 727-360-3483
Pro Sports and Facilities
- Orlando Magic - 8701 Maitland Summit Blvd
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays Baseball - Tropicana Field Home of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays Phone Number: 727-825-3120
- Tampa Bay Mutiny Soccer - Raymond James Stadium - Telephone 813-673-4300
- Tampa Bay Lightning Ice Hockey - Ice Palace - Telephone 813-301-6500
- Tampa Bay Storm - 401 Channelside Dr., Tampa
- Tampa Buccaneers Football - Raymond James Stadium - Telephone 813-673-4300
- University of South Florida Athletics - 4202 E. Fowler Ave, Tampa
- University of Tampa Athletics - 401 West Kennedy Blvd., Tampa
Baseball Spring Training
- New York Yankees Legends Field, 1 Stein Brenner Drive Tampa, FL 33614
Tel 813-879-2244 / 800-96-YANKS
- Philadelphia Phillies 800 Phillies Drive Clearwater 33755 Tel 727-441-9941
Exec Offices 727-442-8496 Tickets
- Toronto Blue Jays Dunedin Stadium at Grant Field 311 Douglas Avenue at Beltress Street Dunedin, Florida 34697
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays Florida Power Park, Home of Al Lang Field 180 2nd Avenue, Southeast St. Petersburg, 727-825-3242
Museums and Aquariums
- The Arts Center - 719 Central Ave., St. Petersburg
- City of Imagination -
- Clearwater Aquarium - The Clearwater Marine Aquarium is a 501(c)(3) non-profit working aquarium dedicated to public education, marine research, animal assisted therapy and the rescue, rehabilitation and release of sick and injured marine animals. Telephone 727-441-1790
- The Finn Gallery - St. Petersburg
- Florida Aquarium - Experience Aquatic Life first hand, Open daily 9:30-5:00, Phone Number: 813-273-4000
- Florida Craftsmen Gallery - 501 Central Ave., St. Petersburg
- Florida Holocaust Museum - 55 5th Street, St. Petersburg
- Florida International Museum - 100 Second St. N., St. Petersburg An affiliate of the Smithsonian, this impressive facility hosts hosting rotating, Smithsonian exhibits that appeal to young and old alike, with informative audio programs.
- Great Explorations: The Children’s Museum - 1925 4th St. N., St. Petersburg
- Gulf Beaches Historical Museum - 115 10th Ave., St. Pete Beach
- Gulfport Historical Museum - 5301 28th Ave., Gulfport
- Heritage Village - 11909 125th St. N Largo, FL 33774
- Holocaust Museum - The 4th largest in the US, this museum features permanent exhibits as well as special attractions. Phone Number: 727-820-0100
- Museum of Fine Arts - Located on Beach Drive this museum has a variety of Fine Art from around the World. Phone Number: 727-896-2667
- Museum of Science and Industry - The Largest Science Center in Southeast Florida and home of the only I-max Dome theatre. Phone Number: 813-987-6100
- The Nature of Art Gallery - 105 8th Ave., St. Pete Beach
- Old Hyde Park Art Center, (Tampa) - 705 Swann Ave Tampa (813) -251-3780
- P. Bucklely Moss Gallery - 190 4th Ave NE, Saint Petersburg, FL 33701
- The Pier Aquarium - Public aquarium and marine education center. 800 2nd Avenue, NE, St. Petersburg
- Salvador Dali Museum - Located at 1000 Third Street North, This museum has the widest variety of Dali's Art Work, Phone Number: 727-823-3767
- St Petersburg Museum of History - 4 Exhibit galleries, summer camps, room rentals, tours, and year long public programs. Phone Number: 727-894-1052
Stage and Theatre
- American Stage Theatre - The oldest professional theatre presenting live plays throughout the year in an intimate, 130 seat theatre. Phone Number: 727-823-1600
American Stage Inc., (St. Petersburg)
- Carrollwood Players Playhouse, (Tampa) - 4333 Gunn HwyTampa, FL 33618 (813) 265-4000
- Falk Theatre, (Tampa) - University of Tampa Student theatrical productions take place at David Falk Theatre, a fully-equipped, thousand-seat theater originally built in 1928.428 W. Kennedy Boulevard Tampa, FL 33601 Phone: (813) 253-6243
- Ford Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds - National and International Live Acts. 4802 US 301 North Tampa, FL 33610 Tel 813.740.2446
- Gorilla Theatre (Tampa) - Tucked away in the same Tampa location for over 14 years, the Gorilla Theatre boasts an intimate, welcoming environment and productions that don't insult your intelligence. 4419 N Hubert Ave Tampa, FL 33614 Telephone (813) 879-2914
- Janus Landings - Concerts and Live music. Dance. 16 2nd Str. North St. Petersburg. Tel 727- 896.2276
- Mahaffey Theatre for the Performing Arts - 400 First St. South, St. Petersburg Tel 727-892-5798 This is the spot for everything from Broadway shows and concerts to the "Greatest Show On Earth."
- Masque of Temple Terrace, (Temple Terrace) - (813) 983-1710
- Palladium Theatre - 253 Fifth Ave. N., St. Petersburg For a more intimate theatrical environment, experience one of the plays or performances at the Palladium Theatre. Tel 727-822.3590
- Ruth Eckerd Hall - 1111 McMullen Booth Rd., Clearwater Music, dance and more – and there’s not a bad seat in the house, with superb acoustics and a calendar of shows for young and old Tel 727-791-7400
- St. Petersburg Little Theater, (St. Petersburg) - Located in Tampa Bay, is the oldest, continuously operating community theater in the state of Florida. St. Petersburg Little Theatre celebrated its 83rd season in 2007-2008 4025 31st Street South St. Petersburg, FL 33712 Tel (727) -866-2059
- State Theatre, (St. Petersburg) - Rock Music Venue 687 Central Ave St Petersburg (727) 895-3045
- Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center - 1010 North W.C. MacInnes Place, Tampa Four state-of-the-art theaters sit in a beautiful complex right on the Hillsborough River in downtown Tampa. You’ll find everything from experimental theater to fully stages ballet and opera performance. Tel 813-222-1000
- Tampa Theatre - 711 Franklin Street Mall, Tampa This landmark theatre in downtown Tampa is in the National Register of Historic Places. The architecture alone is worth a visit – and it also offers classic and foreign film festivals, live concerts and other special events. Tel 813-274-8982
- Tarpon Springs Performing Art Center, (Tarpon Springs)
- Theatre American Stage - The oldest professional theatre presenting live plays throughout the year in an intimate, 130 seat theatre. Phone Number: 727-823-1600
- Ticket Master - To book shows, concerts and events Tel 813-87-8844
Cruises and Gambling
- Casino Cruise - Dining, dancing and gambling cruises out into the Gulf of Mexico. Leaves from Johns Pass Village. Tel 1-800-688 PLAY
- Derby Lane - Dog Racing 10490 Gandy Blvd., No. St. Petersburg, FL Tel 727-576-1361
- Seminole Hard Rock Casino - Some of the hottest gaming machines on the planet. 5223 N. Orient Road, Tampa - www.seminolehardrock.com
- Starlight Cruises - The Starlight Princess offers casual daytime cruises from the Corey Causeway. Phone Number: 727-462-2628
- Tampa Bay Downs - Horse Racing 11225 Race Track Rd. Tampa, FL Tel 813-855-4401
- Big Cat Rescue - A fascinating view of the world’s largest and most diverse collection of rare and exotic cats. - 12802 Easty St., Tampa
- Boyd Hill Nature Park - Boyd Hill Nature Park offers winding trails on a 254 acre preserve park. Also boasts an environmental studies area and nature conference center on Lake Maggiore. Park hours are 9 am to 5 pm daily with extended hours in the Spring. A daily tram tours the five ecosystems in the park.727-893-7326
- Clam Bayou Nature Park - Gulfport Municipal Marina
- Egmont Key State Park - Come wander through time on this beautiful, historic island. An 85' lighthouse stands sentry on the northen end of the island; a beacon that has stood strong for nearly 150 years. Remains of Fort Dade are reminders of the military significance Egmont Key had during the Civil War, Spanish-American War, and both World Wars. Take Ferry from Ft De Soto. Phone: 727-893-2627
- The Florida Botanical Gardens - 12175 125th St. N., Largo
- Fort De Soto Park Rated the # 1 Beach in the USA 2007 - The largest county park, with 900 acres on 5 interconnected islands located at the tip of Pinellas County in Tierra Verde. It includes over 7 miles of beaches, boat docks, camp grounds, fishing piers, nature trails, a canoe trail, plus the Historic Spanish American War Fort and much more. Rent Kyaks, bicycles and catch the Ferry to Egmont Key. 3500 Pinellas Bayway, South Tierra Verde, FL 33715 Telephone 727-866-2484
- Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park - 4150 S. Suncoast Blvd. Homosassa
- Honeymoon Island - The beautiful island south of Caladesi Island, was recently named (2008) the #1 Beach in America by Dr. Beach!
- Lowry Park Zoo - Over 1500 different species to view, open daily 9:30-5:00, Phone Number: 813-935-8552
- Pinellas Trail A unique linear park extending nearly 50 miles from St. Petersburg to Tarpon Springs, with great hiking, walking and biking. Telephone 727-464-3347
- Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary - 18328 Gulf Blvd., Indian Shores
- Sunken Gardens A virtual Garden of Eden, the park is considered one of the best botanical exhibits in the United States. One of the oldest attractions in Florida, the gardens present thousands of plants and even flamingoes and the American Bald Eagle. 1825 Fourth St., North St.. Petersburg, FL Telephone 727-551-3100
- Veterans Park - 54th Street, Gulfport
- Weedon Island Preserve - Interpret the natural, cultural and archaeological history of the Preserve in order to demonstrate how the environment and people support and shape each other.
Shopping and Dining
- Bayfront Center This is St. Petersburg bayside jewel. A multi use facility, any event can find its backdrop here. Located directly on the waterfront, this building is one of the most recognized landmarks, encompassing The Sun Pavilion, The Backstage Lounge, The Times Bay front, and The Mahaffey Theater.
- Historic Ybor City Shops, restaurants and clubs in this old cigar making area of Tampa. A must visit on a weekend. Really gets rolling around midnight. Well lit and safe.
- International Plaza - Adjacent to Tampa International Airport, is the most distinctive shopping and dining destination of Florida's West Coast.
- Johns Pass on Madeira Beach A quaint Florida fishing village of unique retail shops, restaurants and galleries turns into a hot spot when the sun goes down – with live music and clubs where you can party the night away.
- London Hotels Guide - Over 400 London hotels available for secure online reservations
- The Pier in St Petersburg is an unique piece of Florida architecture that offers visitors a chance to experience the waterfront in the Tampa Bay area. As host to a number of unique events each year, The Pier is an exciting place to be. Telephone 727-821-6164
- Shopping and Shopping Malls For a list of shopping malls, flea markets, antiques dealers, art, sporting goods, specialty dealers and much more go to:
- St. Petersburg Municipal Marina. Within steps of the landmark pier, a collection of unique waterfront shops, restaurants, manicured parks, museums, and the prettiest downtown waterfront you'll may ever encounter. In May the city hosts ARTWORKS, and in April THE FESTIVAL OF STATES. Call 727-893-7329
- Tarpon Springs - Sponge Docks and Antique and Art District. Explore the history of the only Greek town in Florida for authentic Greek dining and culture, originally settled by Greek sponge divers.
- Tyrone Square Mall - Conveniently located at the intersections of Tyrone Boulevard, 22nd Avenue North, and 66th Street North in St Petersburg Florida.
- Wagon wheel Flea Market 125 acres, 2000booths (1,300 of them covered), and lots of yummy food make this one of the biggest attractions for bargain hunters in the area. It’s open every weekend. And every March, it’s also the site of the Pinellas County Fair. 7801 Park Blvd., Pinellas Park
- Eckerd College
- Stetson University of Law
- St. Petersburg College
- University of South Florida - St Petersburg
- University of South Florida - Tampa
- University of Tampa
Complete Dining Guide
Visit these sites for full guides of all the area retaurants, pricing guide and description. Include maps, web links where available, phone numbers. (Arranged alphabetically)
- Clearwater/St. Pete Guide http://www.floridasbeach.com/listings.php?type=dining
- Tampa Bay Times http://tbt.com/results/?sn=restaurants
What's on this Weekend?
Plan your trip before you leave with our complete weekly planner for dining, events, shopping, music, markets, movies, cultural activities and more. http://www.sptimes.com/Weekend.shtml