Welcome to Whispers, possibly the most unique and charming hideaway in St. Petersburg.
Whispers is a Boutique Condominium Resort. It is an Oasis in the heart of Paradise.
That is why Whispers is a “Superior Small Lodging and was nominated for the “White Gloves Award” For excellence!
Whispers also won the City Award for “The Most Beautiful and Well Kept Property Within the City of Treasure Island”
At Whispers the ever-present breezes gently blow over the Island and take your cares away. You will revitalize and energize your body, mind and spirit. This very unique hideaway oozes charm, serenity and character. Whispers nestles on the calm waters on the leeward (sheltered) side of "Treasure Island" right in the Gulf of Mexico. Surrounded by water on all sides, Dolphins swim by daily past our dock through “Dolphin Alley”. Pelicans and herons play and dazzling sunshine days can be spent in peace and renewal of body and soul.
Treasure Island is a mere two miles long and only a couple of blocks wide. It lies surrounded on all sides by the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. From our Courtyard Gate the finest of the Gulf Beaches awaits you.
Whispers is connected via a series of picturesque drawbridges and a causeway to the mainland. Whispers is also linked to a chain of Islands running from St. Petersburg Beach in the South to Clearwater in the North, making Whispers extremely convenient to all the finest beaches on the Florida Gulf Coast.
We are the closest Gulf Beach To Orlando (Disney World)
Out of the pages of Ernest Hemingway, and a mile down the road is Historic Johns Pass. This rare, turn of the century boardwalk is your passport to scuba diving, casino dinner cruises, jet ski and boat rentals, parasailing and deep-sea fishing. Its rustic wood and tin-roofed buildings house a variety of specialty shops, seafood restaurants and casual grazing. Here the catch of the day may be just minutes old. And a pelican waits on every dock for the one that got away.
Disney and Universal Studios are just ninety minutes away. Tampa airport is a half hour drive.
Whispers consists of seven very exclusive, intimate, clean and well maintained condominiums. There is also an Executive Home available.
Each condominium is a ground floor home hidden in a gated property away from the road. You enter Whispers through a distinctive garden gate, the Courtyard Tower overgrown with fragrant jasmine and passion flowers.
An immaculately landscaped European style central courtyard greets you, complete with fountains, park benches and fringed with palms and exotic plants.
This is the focal point for social gatherings and meeting your neighbors and reading the morning newspaper over a cup of coffee.
The evenings are a wonderland come alive. The courtyard sparkles with accent lighting and fairy lights transform the night into a magical garden of swaying palms and tropical shrubbery. The condominiums look inwards towards the central courtyard and privacy from the outside world is assured.
Each condominium has a private patio in the back. Surrounded by tropical shrubbery, why not unplug the telephone and drop out of sight
A wall of palms, rubber trees, lilies, hibiscus and jasmine surrounds the property on all sides.
Whispers is truly a place of refuge and relaxation for the discerning guest who appreciates the finer comforts of a vacation in Paradise.
The individual condominiums are uniquely decorated in décor representing themes from places the owners have lived and their lives.
- The Artist Suite is a bright and cheery Art Deco themed condo in Wedgewood blue trim. It is a standard one bedroom and sleeps four
- The Africa Suite is done in rich earth tones with Safari prints and genuine African artifacts. It is a standard one bedroom and sleeps four
- Following is the English Cottage. A charming floral Suite with typical English china cabinet and tea pot. It is very warm and cozy. It is a standard one bedroom and sleeps four
- The Oriental Suite is done in rich Chinese brocades, Thai temple rubbings, hand painted antique Indian manuscripts and crafts from the Orient.
- It is a larger, Deluxe one bedroom and sleeps four
- The Hawaiian condo with the portrait of the volcano goddess Pele and rich floral fabrics of the Pacific is bright and colorful. It has vaulted ceilings and is a larger, Deluxe one bedroom that sleeps four.
- There is the Southwestern Desert themed Santa Fe condo playing on a Southwestern theme, with the wonderful desert tones and art work. It has vaulted ceilings and is a larger, Deluxe one bedroom that sleeps four
- The Florida Suite is a two-bedroom condominium that has the whimsical pastel décor of playful Florida, right down to the pink flamingos and plantation shutters! It sleeps six and has vaulted ceilings.
- The Executive home is a 2800 square foot home with cathedral ceilings. Panoramic glass windows and doors that face the water offering magnificent wide-open views of the bay. It has a spacious Master bedroom that is an efficiency, with a small kitchenette over and above the full size gourmet kitchen for the rest of the house. Perfect for late night snacks or hunkering down in privacy. The en suite bathroom boasts a custom over sized sunken tub and shower. There are two more bedrooms and two more bathrooms, making three of each. The third bedroom is also a full-size efficiency with a kitchenette that has been incorporated into the house. This home has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 3 kitchens! It is bright and airy. Step out to the pool and deck. It also has a private, gated, front courtyard. It sleeps 8
- All the condominiums have been recently updated, painted, tiled, with new bathroom fixtures, appliances and kitchen fittings.
- They all have separate bedrooms and living rooms with full kitchens complete with dinnerware, linens and ready for you to move in!
- The entire property is WiFi Enabled for FREE Internet service
A large waterfront pool, ecologically takes advantage of solar heating.
Your view from the pool area overlooks a pristine bay with a secluded pool patio and gorgeous views of the bay with dolphins, herons, egrets and pelicans being regular visitors.
Relax with a book, catch the perfect tan and watch the antics of the birds or the dolphins in the bay. Moor your boat at our private dock, fish from the pier and have the catch fresh from the sea ready to barbeque for dinner.
When the day is done, escape the crowds, rinse off the salt after a day at the beach and plunge into the refreshing pool as the sun slips silently away.
At Whispers melts your cares away in the privacy and quiet of a secluded retreat. When you are ready for action emerge through the Courtyard Tower refreshed and ready to face the active world of beach, fun and sun.
We are located on some of the FINEST BEACHES IN THE USA!
Nearby Fort De Soto is rated THE # 1 BEACH IN THE USA AND ONE OF THE TEN BEST IN THE WORLD!
Our Location is the best! Just superb! You do not need a car if you do not want one. Everything from banks to bagels and bars to beauty shops are just a block or two away.
The beach is a four- minute stroll to the end of the block.
Whispers is truly a gem - a secluded island retreat - far from the maddening crowd and 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport. The tropical sun shines 360 days a year and a Disney Daytrip takes just 90 minutes by car.
We welcome well-behaved dogs by prior arrangement.
We also offer boat dockage by prior arrangement
All that is left is for us to welcome you to "Whispers" and our beautiful Treasure Island on the Florida Gulf Coast.
St. Petersburg and Tampa have many fine cultural events. Every month brings a different program. There are world-class symphony concerts, theater, experimental theater, rock concerts, and fine museums including the world-renowned Salvador Dali Museum, the Holocaust Museum, as well as the finest Museum of Science in the Southeast.
Within thirty-minutes drive you can be at Tampa International Airport or a host of activities.
Historic downtown Tampa is Ybor City. This is the old Cuban cigar-making district that gave the world Tampa Cigars. Today it is reminiscent of New Orleans' French Quarter with Jazz clubs, Blues bars, rave clubs, taverns, bistros, and boutiques. Rock until you drop is the theme of Ybor City.
Shopping is another treat. Three major malls are within 10-30 minutes plus a huge Factory Outlet Mall; the Ellenton Mall that features major brand name closeouts.
Discover little treasures in the small boutiques around Treasure Island Village. Enjoy our Saturday morning market in the Village Square!
The thrill rides of Busch Gardens Theme Park and Adventure Land are a must and just forty minutes away. Do not miss the Seminole Indians Casino, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Lowry Park Zoo, Tampa Aquarium, or professional football, baseball and hockey..
Downtown St Pete has its own nightlife and bars (twenty minutes drive). The Historic Vinoy Resort and the famous Pier with its shops and views across Tampa Bay is on every tourist itinerary
Definitely bring a camera and capture the spectacular colors of a tropical Florida Sunset. This is the most incredible displays of nature that you have ever seen!
Life at Whispers
"Whispers" has it all, for everybody, young and old alike. Like many of our guests, who come back every year, we hope that you will too.
Step softly into "Whispers" and an age of charm, when gentle Florida was the hidden secret of Ernest Hemingway. Time has tiptoed blissfully by the tranquil courtyard at "Whispers." Here the surrounding palm trees count time in centuries amid the lush garden where soft breezes perpetually surround eight intimate condominiums. One awaits you, one of the privileged, one of the few. Seize your fantasy island getaway. This is your time to escape.
Spectacular sunrises are waiting. You are invited to leave the world behind and bathe your cares away in a private pool where the secluded patio calls you to relax. Sit in the shade of a huge rubber tree or tan in private. The dolphins play in your backyard. From our deep-water boat dock join the pelicans and herons and fish the day away. Fred, our resident blue heron, regularly pays us a visit, and a few sardines placed discreetly on the dock goes down well with him.
A short stroll after breakfast and you are at the beach just one block away. Here is nature's gift to the islands. Thirty miles of pristine white powder beaches and the warm inviting waters of the Gulf of Mexico are yours for the taking. These are some of the finest beaches and cleanest waters in the USA.
"Shelling" is a favorite pastime, as is watching the wide variety of spoonbills, sandpipers, and wild birds "clamming" on the seashore as you wiggle your toes in the soft warm sand.
Another short stroll puts you right in the heart of Treasure Island Village. Here are the little delis, ice cream parlors and restaurants, the tiki bars on the beach, the one-of-a kind boutiques, and cafes, and of course the ubiquitous little seaside shops with their sponges, shells, and sunscreen lotion.
Plan your busy days. There is a lot to do. Parasail, jet ski, water-ski, deep-sea fishing, diving. Why not enjoy a romantic dinner or take a casino boat cruise on the Gulf of Mexico?
Rent a bicycle and cycle the nearby Pinellas Trail for thirty miles or more. Jog it or blade it, the choice is yours. All your dreams of a perfect vacation await you at "Whispers."
The public transport trolleys run up and down the beach. Treat yourself to a day at the historic turn-of-the-century Don Ce Sar Resort and Spa. Pamper yourself with a massage or an exquisite dinner, and keep your eyes open for visiting celebrities!
Nearby is Fort de Soto Wildlife Preserve. Rated as America’s # 1 Beach and one of the Top Ten Beaches in the world, and it's just around the corner!
You are invited to barbecue, cycle, roller blade, fish, or picnic.
Weather at Whispers
Amenities at Whispers
- Executive Home Sleeps 8
- 2 bedroom condominium sleeps 6
- bedroom condominiums all sleeps 4
All units have...
- Unique themed decor recently updated 2013
- Separate bedrooms with either a King or a queen bed
- Sleeper sofas in the living room.
- Full Kitchens with Dishes / utensils / cookware provided
- Full size fridge, stove with oven, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, teapot
- Washer/dryer (in building), linens / towels / beach towels provided
- Luxury Feather Beds
- Air conditioning, heating, ceiling fans
- Free cable. Big Flat Screen TV's, CD, Stereo, DVD Player
- Free WiFi Internet
- Tiled throughout.
- Bath tub and Shower
- Private Patios
All Units are Smoke free. Smoking outside is fine
Dogs Welcome at Whispers:
We are pleased to welcome clean, well behaved dogs at Whispers. Please make prior arrangements for your dog to stay at Whispers at the time of booking. We are sorry that we cannot accept cats.